Parents are the most important faith influence in the life of a child. The home is the primary place where faith is to be nurtured and the church becomes a lifelong partner in equipping parents to pass on their faith to their child.
Please sign up for our next class below, and fill out the online Child Dedication form.
Upcoming PARENT & CHILD DEDICATION Class
Monday, January 30 | 6.00pm - 7.15pm | Chilliwack Campus
Upcoming PARENT & CHILD DEDICATION SERVICE
Sunday, February 19, 2023
WHAT IS CHILD DEDICATION?
- A celebration of worship and thanksgiving.
- A recognition that your child is a gift from God.
- A realization of the parent’s responsibility to provide spiritual teaching, as well as, physical and emotional care.
- A commitment to live and model the Christian faith and to be faithful in participating in the life of your church.
- Calling upon your church family to support and encourage you in your family’s spiritual growth.
- A public confession of your commitment to the Lordship of Jesus.
WHY PARTICIPATE IN CHILD DEDICATION?
- It is a public commitment from parents to raise their child in a home dedicated to God and to be intentional in teaching them about Jesus.
- It is in keeping with Biblical teaching and follows the Old Testament example of Samuel and the New Testament example of Jesus’ dedication.
- It can be very meaningful down the road, when your child is old enough to make his or her own decision about following Christ, to know this was their parent’s prayer from the beginning.
Got questions? We'd love to answer them!
Please contact Chris Ross | Family Equipping Pastor